Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Rainham RSPB

Sunday July 31st

I cut short my visit to Parliament at dawn as there was a massive Triathalon event going on, everywhere along from Lime House Link Tunnel up to Parliament was being closed off.

It gave me an opportunity to visit Rainham, one of my local patches, these days I am not able to go there as much as I would like, today was spot on as there were 2 Wood Sandpipers present.


Common Lizard (click on photos to enlarge )

Juvenile Little Grebe


Little Egrets

The Wood Sandpipers were showing well in front of the new hide along with 4 Green Sandpipers, I also had another 4 on Aveley Pools so birds starting to move.


Confiding Water Rail




Also seen were 2 Black Tailed Godwits, 2 Greenshank, early on around 150 Sand Martins, Shoveler, Teal and Wigeon were all present as well.


Juvenile Pied Wagtail


Great Crested Grebe

11 Little Egrets were dotted around the Reserve and despite all the Darters going up high in the sunshine, no Hobbies showed while I was there.





No comments:

Post a Comment