Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Wednesday 21 July 2021

Valley Dragons

 



As you do at this time of year with the birding a bit quieter, I have been taking a few photos of Dragonflies over the Valley, in particular, looking for Lesser Emperor, a bit of a rarity from Europe I understand but becoming more common in the South.

I ended up finding 2 males, never got or found one is situ resting and all were on the wing. 











                                                                   Lesser Emperor












Bit of a challenge for the 200 – 500mm auto focus trying to stay with the little buggers, it’s times like this I wish I had my old F4 – 300mm, it was so sharp and quick. However the bigger lens performed not too bad, with help from wall to wall sunshine I got a few half decent shots at range, gave up trying to get the close ones flying as I was tying myself in knots.

No comments:

Post a Comment