Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Saturday 6 February 2021

Falcon

 



Series of photos I took whilst cleaning out one of my peregrine boxes in January under licence.

They show the female (Falcon) having a look at me for a short while before settling down nearby and watching me.

Its normal behaviour and obviously shows a good bond to the nest box at all times, I have had this happen in the previous year in November/December whilst cleaning them out.

This particular Falcon recently in late November 2020 lost her partner but he was replaced within 10 days by another adult Tiercel.
They have copulated a number of times so its looking promising again, despite the sad loss of the previous Tiercel, hope to have the results soon as to the cause of death.















No comments:

Post a Comment