Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Tuesday 10 August 2010

A quick scan showed heaps of Shelduck and Black Headed Gulls and also a cracking summer plumed Grey Plover, got some record shots, but very distant.
Shortly after this I picked up a small wader on the shoreline that had also been seen from the other side, received a text saying that the Sanderling was still present, this was the chap that I was looking at.Could really do with one of these at my main local patch, the Ingrebourne Valley, as far as I am aware there has never been a record.
I ended up with 2 Whimbrel, 2 Curlew going up river, 6 Oystercatchers still paired up, a Common Snipe and of course managed to connect with the Ruddy Shelduck.On top of this I had 19 Common Sandpipers feeding at the edge of the shoreline.All in all a very good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment