Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Thursday 14 January 2016

Rainham RSPB





January 13th



With a free day and sunshine showing at last, I made the most of a spare morning and visited the Aveley Bay area of Rainham.

With the recent Dartford Warbler in my mind and over the weekend, the Siberian Chiffchaff, found by Paul, I covered the bushes up to, beyond and near the Serin Mound.

In just over an hour I added 6 to the year list, the best bird I suspect will go down as Raven but other goodies were also on view.

The Raven was seen crossing Cold Harbour Lane with 3 Crows mobbing it on the way down to the Car Park but Common Buzzard, 3 Marsh Harriers and Short Eared Owl were all seen from or near the Serin mound.


Kestrel - showing well down the West End



This one was near the Aveley Bay Car Park



Short Eared Owl - out hunting just after 11.00am




A good morning with the patch total now up to 78.









No comments:

Post a Comment