Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Friday 20 October 2023

New Peregrine Box

 




It’s been a busy old week, I finished a new Peregrine nest box which will be installed onto a Balcony shortly, the balcony is a bit narrow so the box has been made slimmer to suit. There is a pair present, and they did fledge 1 juvenile this year, however the balcony is prone to flooding. 

The fact of the matter is that a box gives them – adults/chicks cover from extreme weather, with the substrate also there is no chance of eggs rolling.

As mentioned in previous posts, unless a position has a ‘natural structural overhang’ where a Tray can be placed, I will always use a nest box.

My amigo’s will again help me, truth be told, now at the ripe old age of 66 with a dodgy ankle, I couldn’t do it on my own anyway, so there help and muscle is very much valued. It also gives me a chance to boss them around and nag them a bit, very enjoyable I must admit but it is obviously needed at times……..










I have started setting up the cams again for the winter near the Feeding Station, good coverage over some of the water bowls, Magpies being their usual selves. 
As we get into the colder weather, I would expect the feeding station will really kick in ,however a good number of birds are already using it.











No comments:

Post a Comment