Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Red Backed Shrike





Bowers Marsh
August 19th



It’s been a while since I undertook a visit to Bowers Marsh so armed with yesterday’s news of the Shrike still being present a visit was in order.

On arrival I was told that the Shrike had been seen that morning which was good news so headed out there, viewing various water bodies on the way. Black Tailed Godwit, Green Sandpiper, Bearded Tit and 2 Marsh Harriers were seen en route.

After a good distance I came across another birder who told me the area, it’s a bit of a walk out from the car park, around a mile.

Eventually arriving, the bird showed very well on the Landfill fence and I managed to get a few photos from the path, it also disappeared for 20-30 minute periods. However it always returned to the same section of fence line.












Having not seen one since the Canvey bird –2- 3 years ago? It was very welcome and well worth the walk for my little old legs.




A good visit and I also added juvenile Peregrine, 3 Greenshank, another Green Sandpiper and a Common Buzzard whilst out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment