Click on photos to enlarge, please do not copy photos without permission

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Waders

On Saturday I was surveying, not ideal weather with a very strong south westerly, but none the less I had positioned myself to cover a section of the Thames at high tide.Tucked down out of the wind and well hidden I recorded wader and wildfowl movements along the river.Many waders came out early from roost and were caught out by a very high tide, with no mud to land on they headed for the rocks on the foreshore.Below are some photos taken of a small flock that landed in front of me, not great light but not too bad.






Golden Plover (click on photos to enlarge)

Grey Plover and Knot

Grey Plover

Grey Plover with Knot behind


Dunlin

Knot

Grey Plover


Golden Plover


No comments:

Post a Comment